Monday, July 18, 2011

The Garden Continues to Evolve...

I've spent a lot of time the past two weeks preparing one of the planter beds in the front yard of the studio house, shopping at Annie's Annuals & Perennials, then planting all of my treasures. I've turned this:


into this:



Taking my lead from a fabulous new book, Ivette Soler's, "The Edible Front Yard",


I planted a mix of succulents, tall flowers and grasses in the front half of the bed (in order to form a screen of sorts), then filled up the back half with kale, spinach, eggplants, tomatoes and peppers, and some more flowers and succulents. I'm really happy with the results, and can hardly wait for it to fill out and not look so "new".

I'm about to get started on preparing the third of the four planters, as well as cleaning up the pathways that surround the planters. Lots of work still to go, but I'm having a wonderful time!

No comments: