Thursday, October 11, 2012

PIQF - Day 1

I had a great time in my Day 1 class with Janice Gunner. Janice hails from London, and had a wonderful array of quilts with which to bedazzle us, and, after a brief trunk show, launched us into a wild and wacky day of turning the good ole tried-and-traditional Log Cabin pattern on its ear. Her latest book tells it all...

Make your new cabin block with strip sets, background fabric, more strips sets, more background, then make another block or two, and slice them up and surround the original block, and, well... you get the idea... truly something new and different! Here's my "running start"... 


It needs two more sides for the border, then another strip set and border, then it's going to get turned on point, and find itself surrounded by a couple more blocks that have been chopped up, and will ultimately yield "something" like this...


Tomorrow's class, also with Janice, will find me in my element... working with those gorgeous African prints I love so much... y'know... the stuff that looks like this!


Stay tuned...

No comments: