Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Project...


I found this cool fabric at e-Quilter.com and, in my typical knee-jerk reaction over cool fabric, I bought a couple of yards, even though I had no idea what I was going to do with it. When it arrived I put it on my work table so I could look at it and think about how to use it. Yesterday I was looking through some patterns and found one using this fun shape in varying sizes. The pattern suggests doing it in raw-edge machine applique, but I decided to do it by hand and brush up on my applique skills, which are pretty slim. The lower arrow points to where I started stitching this evening, and the upper arrow is where I finished over an hour later. Obviously, this is going to take a very long time to finish, but I'm in no hurry. I find hand applique very relaxing, and the more relaxation I can get in my life, the happier I am!

No comments: