Friday, May 22, 2009

PIQF 2009

I'm all signed up for this year's PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival), have my hotel reservations made, and am already plowing through my stash, looking for fabric to take! I'll be taking three classes with Barbara Olson, and can hardly wait. I can't legally post any pictures of her quilts here (damn!), but go here to view her gallery. Her work is eye-popping and just knocks my socks off! Her classes are described as, "techniques for quilters who are ready to break out of the box and experience a playful way of quilting, by getting their brains out of the way and jump-starting their creativity". Sounds good to me! I've had her book for a couple of years, and never get tired of looking at it...


I always thought work like hers was beyond me, but I should know better than to think like that! It's time to get fearless!!

No comments: