Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Quilt Update

I've done no work on the new quilt since my "accident" last week, but had managed to get off to a good running start before things went amok...

This is the main "super-structure" of the piece - vertical rows that will be filled in with piecing between the rows.


Here, the rightmost two verticals have been attached to their horizontal "filling" strips...


One section down and six to go, and I'm practically out of my mind wanting to get back to work! Likely won't happen for at least another week, as this process involves endless amounts of cut/audition/sew/press/repeat... up and down and up and down between the cutting board, design wall, ironing board, sewing machine, and back to the design wall - movements that are almost impossible for me to execute at this point. At least I can hobble over to the studio, sit down at my work table and fondle fabric and design in my head! Believe me... I'll never take my good health and mobility for granted again.

1 comment:

Sue Dennis said...

Francie I hope you are feeling better each day. Your African quilt is going to look great- love it!