Thursday, June 19, 2008

Postcard for Annette


This is my two-color postcard, made for Annette in the Textile Challenges Yahoo Group. Each participant was assigned two colors, and we were allowed to use one extra color of our choice. My colors were blue and yellow - a combination I dislike intensely, and, most likely, the reason it took me so long to get it done. I added chartreuse because it's one of my favorite colors, and was the only decent match I could find for the other two after trying plenty of options. I decided to see just how small I could piece, and this is absolutely The Smallest pieceing I've ever done. When I worked for Seams Like Art in Vallejo, I used to sell packs of 1/2" Thangles triangle paper, and would think, "What sadist would ever want to work with these???" Well, dang... I tried them and they weren't crazy-making at all. In fact, I'm going to use them again for another idea I have simmering on the back burner. For now, however, making a dozen of those tiny little doohickies will hold me for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful Francie I'm really looking forward to receiving it.

Unknown said...

Wonderful Francie I'm really looking forward to receiving this card, can't wait!!!