Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another Two-Timer


I'll be the first to admit I know very little about the orchids growing in my Greenhouse in the Loo. Like my cats, when I find an orchid that appears to need help, I rescue it. This one came from the supermarket and I have no knowledge of anything about it - it just looked pretty on the shelf. It also looked like it hadn't been watered in a while and, most likely, wasn't going to be watered any time soon. So I brought it home and watered and fed it. Its blooms lasted several weeks, then faded away. That was quite a few months ago. This week, it's blooming again, meaning it must be happy. I'm happy too!

1 comment:

Mastering It said...

it is just beautiful - awesome photography!!! Say, if I am looking thirsty with no prospects of my thirst getting satisfied, will you take me home too?