Friday, December 5, 2008

New Quilt Underway...

At PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) this fall, I purchased a whimsical panel by Sonie Ruffin called "My African Village", designed for Andover Fabrics. Primarily, the colors appealed to me, but I went gaga thinking about how the panel's pictures could mix it up with the fabrics in my African stash. The panel included eight eight-inch squares - two with trees, two with huts, and 4 squares with two dolls in each. The dolls were printed one head-up and the other head-down, which looked weird, so I cut the doll squares in half and wound up with eight 4x8" rectangles. The huts and tree squares have their borders on, and here's how they look:

I'll get to work on the dolls tomorrow.

I haven't decided how I'm going to tie everything together yet, but that's the way I work - like they say in Star Trek: "Full ahead impulse!"

No comments: