Monday, December 1, 2008

Is It December Already???

November was the absolute pits. I came down with some flaming crud on the 16th and I still feel like crap. What a waste of time... sniffling, sneezing, coughing, croaking, wheezing, barfing, headaches, body aches... well, you get the idea. Not once, not twice, but THREE times, fergodsake, I got better and then got knocked back down again. I kept pumping myself full of vitamin C and other healthy stuff since I HATE taking drugs, but I finally caved in to some aspirin and cough medicine a week ago, and grudgingly have to admit they helped a little. I've pushed my butt to keep doing stuff and try to hang on to some semblance of a life, but it ain't been easy, folks. I kept going with my music lessons, and, thankfully, managed to avoid infecting either of my teachers, and I drug myself to one keyboard or the other and tried to practice a little most days, but that was it. No quilting, no gardening, no stargazing, no Starbucks - just sleep, sleep, sleep, sneeze a little, cough a lot, wheeze damned near constantly, barf a little, listen to my head pound, sleep some more... what a dull, rotten, miserable, pathetic existence. Even my old friend, Jack Daniels, couldn't help me out, so you KNOW it was serious. Alright, I'll stop whining. Even I'm sick of listening to me.

No comments: