Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Progressing one pot at a time...

I'm slowly getting all of the planters on the front patio "repaired". I was an absolute do-nothing over the winter and practically everything croaked. And, no, I didn't do it deliberately so I could run out and buy a bunch of new stuff this spring. Here's the two latest...

This is an Oragami Aquilegia, a species of columbine. Did you know there are 70 species of columbines? Neither did I. They're all so delicately beautiful... I love them. I saw my first columbine when I was about 7 or 8, and wanted to move to Colorado because my aunt told me they were Colorado's state flower, and, as such, were growing wild all over the place there. At the time I was dull enough to think the California Poppy was boring. (Stupid kid...)


Someone's having a lot of fun with Calla Lilies this year. I've seen so many new colors it's made my head spin. I already have them in yellow and hot pink, and, of course, the requisite white, and I just found this purple and white beauty last week. I also saw one in pumpkin orange with a delicate outline of darker orange around the edges; and others in light green, red, and dark purple. I think it's time to just buy them all and get my bulb garden going...

No comments: