Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Art Quilt Auction

Studio Art Quilt Associates, an art quilting group of which I've been a member for nearly ten years, holds an annual online auction, selling works by members to raise money to support SAQA's exhibitions, catalogs and outreach programs. This year, 234 12" square art quilts, in an awesome variety of subjects, colors and techniques, are being offered in a "reverse auction", in which prices begin at $750, and decrease every day for six days until they bottom out at $75. If you really, really want something, bid early and high, or else it's gone! I got wiped by a hugely generous lady (bless her!) who swept through the first day and bought three of the four quilts I'd oogled during the previews. I had to wait a few days before the prices dropped into my comfort zone, when I was able to bid on and nab the fourth, a spectacular piece by Anne Parker. It'll soon be hanging in my studio gallery... I can hardly wait!
Here it is:

1 comment:

Lisa Ellis said...

I am happy to see the piece you purchased. Isn't it wonderful how much better they are in person than on the auction site. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be checking yours now frequently too.