Sunday, February 7, 2010

Whine. Whimper. Grouse. Grumble. Groan. Moan. Kvetch. Snivel. Complain. Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. etc..


Over four weeks since cataract surgery and my "new" eye is driving me bonkers. The major problem is I don't have glasses that work for my new vision. The old eye is fine with distance and fuzzy with close-ups, while the new eye is great with close-ups and fuzzy with distance. Light is so much more intense to the new eye, that light from outside coming in the windows is dazzling to the point of being painful. It's a beautiful, sunny day, but I'm constrained to having the curtains and shades half closed to keep the house dim enough so I don't get a headache from the glare - a problem which has heretofore gone unnoticed, since we've had nothing but rain and clouds and gloom for the past month.

I can't sew, I can't read, working at the computer is a total drag, driving in daylight is dicey; at night, hair-raising, working in the garden is out of the question (never mind the rain). The doctor sez he's pleased with the way the healing process is going, but I'm not. It's going too damned slowly. My chiropractor sez the problem is due to my being so pumped up with steroids from asthma medications, and steroids, apparently impede healing. My eye itches, burns, tears constantly, and forever feels like there's some kind of dirt or crap in it. Eye drops help, but not enough. I'll be getting my new glasses in a couple of weeks, and, at this point, I'm becoming homicidal waiting for them. I'm glad I decided to put off the surgery for the left eye until next year. If I had to endure another six weeks of this weirdness I'd be ready to be hauled off to Napa State Hospital.

No comments: