Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Halfway there...

Nothing very exciting has been happening lately. Best thing... the rain has finally calmed down - none for almost a week now. The days have been warm and delicious! My one-man weed management squad showed up today and started digging the front yard of the studio house out from under a carpet of three-foot high weeds. I'm surprised we haven't had any complaints from the homeowners' association - perhaps they're still trying to dry out too. Thanks to my injury, absolutely no work has been done in the yards since the beginning of December, and everything's just an unbelievable mess. Speaking of my injury... I'm now walking without any assistance from walker, crutches or cane. I'm kind of stiff most of the time, and I walk very slowly and deliberately, but it'll get better with more practice. I'm driving again, and that's just soooooooo fine!!!

I've been spending a lot of time in the studio working on the strip quilt. Today I completed segment four of seven, and got a good running start on segment five... should be able to post a photo of that in a day or two.

3 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Isn't it wonderful to feel well again? I know you are loving driving. The quilt keeps getting more and more magical. Just love it.

KathyB said...

Wow, this looks like such a free spirit quilt. I, for one, like your approach. ... one strip at a time ... just let it grow. If I sewed quilts I would have to do it that way. This is beautiful and rich. I use fabric in my art, but with the smallest pieces. I also use a lot of exotic yarns. I just 'let it grow how it wants to'. Never did like to plan much. Drop by and see if you like what I'm making. This is me, playing with scraps.

Francie said...

Kathy, your work is wonderful! Imaginative, whimsical and colorful - to me, the three most important elements of art! Everyone: click on her link and visit her website and be sure to check out her "my work" pages!