Friday, April 8, 2011

Welcome, Winston Sanford!

There's a new baby in our lives... grand-nephew Winston Sanford, born yesterday at 1:17 pm. He was a few days late, and mom Kristen was totally ready for him to arrive. Kris and baby are doing great, though I imagine both of them are sleeping solidly at this point. Dad Alan and Gramma Hilary, who was in town for the event, are probably enjoying some down time as well. Today was Gramma Hilary and Grandpa Robert's 43rd wedding anniversary, so W. was a pretty cool anniversary present, I'd say! Winston will soon join his beautiful big sister, Zoe Alana, and super-dog Einstein, and the house will rock with new baby excitement and perhaps a taste of chaos as well. I've got to get my butt in gear this weekend and get a quilt made for the new arrival. The fabric is washed and ready to cut and sew, if I can just tear myself away from my current quilt in progress. I never got Zoe's quilt made when she was born, so I'll have to knock that one out as well... Hopefully, the baby shower won't be for at least a couple of weeks...!

Here's the man of the day... just a few minutes old... kicking, screaming and flailing his fists in rage at having been evicted from his nice, cozy "nest" inside mom... (can you blame him?)

And here's the formal, "all cleaned up" presentation photo!

No comments: