Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Open Studios 2011

Ack! I almost forgot to post about this! The Vallejo Artists Open Studios Tour took place over the weekend of November 12-13. (See my post of November 8th for a look at the incredible array of work from the many talented artists in Vallejo.) This is the second year I've participated in this phase of the event. In previous years, the tours were produced by the now defunct Vallejo Artists' Guild. When the Guild died a few years back, Open Studios died with it. Now, thanks to a few ambitious and dedicated souls, who simply don't have enough on their plates (NOT), Open Studios Vallejo lives again. YAY!!

This year I was asked by my friend, Renaissance woman, Nell Blackwell, to share her studio for the weekend. I leapt at the opportunity, because Nell's studio is located downtown in one of the hot spots of the arts community. Besides, Nell is cool beyond words, and hanging out with her for the weekend seemed like a totally fun idea. And it was! We had lots of visitors, lots of food and wine, and the weather was absolutely perfect... full sun... no wind... it felt like early summer.

Here's Nell's side of the studio:




And my side:



Plenty of food to keep us and our guests going...


A couple of our guests:
Luna Gilligan and Tuolumne...


John Ebersole, one of my favorite artists on the planet...


And the stars of this studio: Nell (r) and Me...


Alas, sales were anything but brisk, but it was a wonderful weekend anyway, and we'll be doing it together again next year.

No comments: